Tuesday, March 20th, 2018 by Hannah Lagaly
Restaurants are designed for maximum productivity and efficiency. If your thinking about having New Age Contractors remodel your personal kitchen and want something that is as practical as possible, consider incorporating these five commercial kitchen components.
1) Typically in restaurant kitchens, you will find stainless steel appliances, countertops and hood ranges. This is because hot pans that come directly from the oven can be placed straight on to it without damaging the surface. Sticky doughs can also be rolled directly onto it with no need for a board. Stainless steel is also very quick and easy to clean and only requires a simple steel cleaner.
2) In some restaurants, you can find countertops with holes in them that have a garbage bin placed under them so you can just wipe the food scraps into the trash. This makes it, so you don't have to lift a lid or open cupboard with dirty hands.
3) Is it really a good meal if after your finished cooking your sink isn't left full of dirty dishes and your hands aren't covered in food-flakes? In almost all of the restaurants in Charleston, there is a separate hand washing sink; this is because dirty hands can transport bacteria, especially when handling meats and seafood. Having a separate handwashing sink in your home's kitchen will make it easier for you to keep your hands clean, and ensure that you aren't contaminating your food.
4) Keep your kitchen open; commercial kitchens use an open shelve concept for a grab-and-go convenience. Instead of leaving a sticky trail from your messy hands all over your cupboard doors and drawers, why not just install open shelving and opt out of cabinets? Open shelves are easier clean and will increase the functionality of your kitchen.
5) Utensil racks are a great way to keep your cooking tools within arms reach while also showing them off tastefully. A utensil rack will not only make cooking more comfortable but will help your kitchen stay organized because it makes finding and putting away utensils easier.
our service area