Home Mold & Dust Mite Problems in Mount Pleasant, Summerville & Greater Charleston Area
Information on controlling mold, rot, and dust mite problems in SC
Mold and dust mites can wreak havoc on both your health and your home's structure like few other issues within the house can.
In just a few years, mold and rot can significantly damage your home and personal property, while allergens from mold spores and dust mite waste can lead to a variety of reactions in sensitive individuals.
We offer free mold & dust mite control quotes in the South Carolina area, including Charleston, Summerville, Mount Pleasant nearby areas such as Goose Creek, Ladson, Johns Island, Beaufort, Moncks Corner, North Charleston, Hanahan and the surrounding areas.
Common Humidity Problems:
(Click for more information about each problem.)
Mold & dust mite health facts
- Dust Mites & Mold Eat Organic Materials: That means any organic material at all. Dust, fabric, fiberglass resins and dyes, drywall, wallpaper, glue, paint, wood, or anything else is enough to keep it growing. As for dust mites, 1,000 of these critters can live in a single gram of dust, each one creating 20 waste pellets per day.
- Mold Can Live In The Cold: Ever see mold in a refrigerator? Research shows that as long as the temperature is above 40 °F (4 °C), mold can grow and spread.
- Mold & Dust Mites Grow Fast: Mold can begin to grow in a home in as little as 24-48 hours, with a billion mold spores growing on a single foot of drywall. A single female dust mite can lay upwards of 250 eggs in its three-month life span.
- Mold Leads To Insurance Woes: Due to tens of thousands of mold-related lawsuits being filed, most general liability and property insurance companies now exclude mold insurance from their policies.
- Mold Destroys Your Home: Mold will dramatically lower the value of your home, even if the damage is severe. Mold can cause numerous health problems and can even lead to structural damage to your home!
- Mold Spores Can Damage Your Health: Mold spore exposure can occur through inhalation, ingestion, and skin contact. Mold and dust mite waste is connected to allergies, asthma, and other breathing issues. Even dead mold spores can be damaging to your health.
- Dust Mite Waste Is Highly Allergenic: 90% of patients show dermal reactivity to dust mite waste and 10% of the general population is also sensitive. Dust mite waste makes up 80-90% of the allergic component of house dust, containing 15 potent allergens that sensitize and trigger allergic reactions.
- Mold & Dust Mites Are Sneaky: Mold can grow in fiberglass insulation, behind drywall panels, and behind wallpaper. Dust mites can live in furniture, cloth, and pillows. Just because you don't see a problem does not mean that one does not exist.
Controlling Mold, Rot & Dust Mites in South Carolina
Water can also rise directly through the porous concrete of a slab floor.
Carpet or wood installed on the concrete will trap this moisture underneath, resulting in mold and rot. Be sure to seal your floor before installing carpet or organic materials.
Mold, rot and dust mites all have a common weakness: they all need ample moisture and humidity to survive. When humidity levels drop below 60% they will not be able to thrive.
By sealing out humidity from outside air and installing a dehumidifier, you can protect yourself from mold and dust mite problems.
We offer free moisture control quotes to homeowners in our South Carolina service area. Each quote includes an on-site inspection and written quote. Call us today to get started in Charleston, Summerville, Mount Pleasant, Ladson, Goose Creek, Beaufort, Johns Island, North Charleston, Hanahan, Moncks Corner and throughout the surrounding areas.
Looking for a price? Get a no cost, no obligation free estimate.