Water Heater Repair and Installation in Mount Pleasant, Summerville & Greater Charleston Area
Don’t wait for a hot water problem to happen: Get help from the water heating experts at New Age Contractors
Our water heater services
- Free water heater inspection.
- Repair and maintenance of all water heater types.
- Free estimates for water heater replacement.
- Expert installation of ENERGY STAR® water heaters.
- Gas, electric, tankless, tank-type and heat pump water heaters available.
We don’t usually give hot water a second thought until something goes wrong. This all-too-easy mistake can cost you money and create major inconvenience. From water heater failure and leaks to running out of hot water, hot water heater problems can be a headache.
In many households, heating water is the third-largest energy expense, accounting for 15% or more of your total energy expenditures every year.
At New Age Contractors, we can solve all your water heater problems. With our fast, dependable repairs and maintenance, we can make sure that you have hot water when you need it and prevent your water heater from springing a leak (or repair or replace it when it does). If it's time for a new water heater, we provide expert installation of many types of water heaters, including gas, electric and tankless options.
Free Estimate Today!
Get fast, expert service: Contact us today!
Contact us to schedule a water heater inspection and estimate today! Our water heater installation and repair services are available in Summerville, Charleston, Mount Pleasant and throughout Greater Charleston.
Which type of water heater is right for you?
Water heaters are described in different ways: by the fuel or energy source used, by size, and by type. Water heaters are available that use electricity, natural gas, propane and even sunlight as a heat source.
If you are replacing an old water heater or installing a new one, your first decision will probably be what type of water heater to install. New Age Contractors can help you decide what’s best based on your needs and habits. Here are your choices:
A tank-type water heater is the most common type used in the U.S. A typical household will use a 60-gal. or 80-gal. tank, which can utilize electricity, natural gas, propane or fuel oil to heat the water stored in the tank. ENERGY STAR® models include insulation that saves energy by reducing standby heat loss.
Smarter water heating. A conventional storage water heater typically lasts 10-15 years. If it's time to replace your water heater; tankless, heat pump and solar water heaters can offer big energy savings and quality for tax credits.
- A heat pump water heater also qualifies as a tank-type water heater, and uses electricity to heat the water. But this type of water heater is about twice as efficient as a conventional electric tank-type water heater, thanks to advanced heat pump technology. Many people are electing to replace older electric tank-type water heaters with heat pump water heaters to cut water heating costs. A heat pump water heater provides another benefit during hot weather: It cools the space around it.
- A tankless water heater is also known as a “demand” water heater. Unlike tank-type water heaters that are always “on,” a tankless water heater remains in standby mode (nearly zero energy use) until a hot water tap is opened. Water flow automatically turns on gas-fired burners (most tankless models burn natural gas or propane) that heat water flowing through a heat exchanger. If your house is frequently empty due to work schedules or frequent travel, a tankless water heater is a smart investment that could cut your hot water expenses by as much as 80%. Tankless water heaters are more expensive than tank-type heaters.
- An indirect water heating system utilizes the furnace or boiler to heat water for washing. A separate water heater isn’t required. With this type of system, you only pay for heating water when your whole-house heating system isn’t operating.
- A solar water heater (aka “solar thermal system”) is actually a preheating system that feeds into a tankless or tank-type water heater. When the sun is shining, solar energy alone may provide sufficient heat for the water you’re using. Otherwise, you’ll need to use backup heat for your hot water supply.
Learn more about choosing a water heater that fits your needs and budget. Our specialists can help!
Trust New Age Contractors for expert water heater inspection. Our experts will suggest the proper water heater repairs or determine if your water heater replacement is necessary. Call us or contact us online to schedule an estimate today! Our water heating services are available in Charleston, Summerville, Mount Pleasant, Goose Creek, Ladson, Johns Island, Beaufort, Moncks Corner, North Charleston, Hanahan and throughout South Carolina.
Looking for a price? Get a no cost, no obligation free estimate.